Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Sushi Adventure


If you've read my blog for a while you'll know that Saturdays tend to be family days because my sister works during the week. This weekend my sister surprised us by taking us to a Sushi cooking class. The cooking class was held at the White House on the Dam in Akrounta which is about 10 minutes outside Limassol (I'm in Cyprus.) 

Our teacher was Tracey who lives at the White house and is the person who runs the courses. She tends to teach children but this time she held a weekend class. We met lots of other lovely strangers of mixed nationalities and had delicious local white wine. We ended up making different kinds of sushi (ones with rice on the outside, ones with seaweed on the outside etc.), Gyoza (Japanese dumplings) and tempura! In my case, I got to make everything vegan. Tracey was so understanding and even brought out tofu for my dumpling stuffing instead of minced meat. Finally, when it was all done we got to dig in and share stories. It is definitely something I would recommend doing if you are ever here in Limassol. If you'd like more information about her classes, just click here. 

Today I styled this chic, flowy and slightly grunge outfit. I threw together my striped crop top, with my maxi skirt and of course my Nike Air Max Fusion's for comfort. I decided to go with a vampy lip and my burgundy satchel to match. To finish off the look I wore my big cross earrings to amplify the dark vibe. 

I hope all of you had a wonderful Saturday, I would love to hear all about it in the comments below. 

Light and love,
xx








Making the dough for the dumplings and putting in the fillings. 
Our vegan dumplings with tofu simmering away. 
Photo of Tracey giving us a sushi rolling demonstration.
Mom and sister giving it a go!



The scene of our dining. 

Dumplings and sushi all ready and below the whoooole table set (:

TOP: ZARA
SKIRT: PIMKIE
BAG: TOPSHOP
EARRINGS: CLAIRE'S (NEON GREEN STUD)
                        FROM ST. TROPEZ (CROSSES)

No comments:

Post a Comment