Friday, December 19, 2014

Favorite Lip Products this Winter

When winter comes along I have this need to wear lipsticks and play around with lip products because winters become cold and very slow, so a pop of color on this lips instantly adds some fun to an outfit and looks like you tried really hard when you didn't. 

My go-to lipsticks in the fall and winter are these two lipsticks from Urban Decay and MAC. The Urban Decay lipstick from the "Revolution" collection is a dark vampy lipstick that I love wearing on my grungy days. It has the most wonderful staying power but can be a little messy to apply, so underneath I line and fill in my lips with a MAC lip pencil in the shade Mahogany. Adding a dark lip liner underneath a vampy lipstick actually makes the lipstick darker because there is an opaque base. 

Sometimes I also like to just wear the MAC lip pencil with some Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream on top because it is a beautiful intense brownish red color on it's own.

Another favorite lipstick of mine for the colder months is the MAC Viva Glam Rihanna 1 lipstick in the shade Frost. It has this beautiful frosty red color which is more in the blue tones. I have a skin tone which makes suiting red colors very difficult for me so I can't go with any typical red. I really like this red because it's a lot more muted than some of MAC other shades but also a has a gold sparkle finish which makes it very different and festive. 

Even though I adore my statement lipsticks I never forget to neglect my nudes! My favorite nude color right now is actually a lip pencil by NARS in the shade Walkyrie. It's more toward the brown side which I like because I prefer darker shades in the colder months and it also suits my skin olive skin tone very nicely. At the moment on my wish list is the a MAC nude color in the shade Cosmo, it is the most gorgeous dark peachy pink nude.

Let me know if you like me doing some beauty related blog posts as well as my fashion posts! Also I'd love to know about some of your favorite lip products to wear in the fall and winter. 

Light and love
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment