Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie

I have always been in love with smoothies but after converting into a full vegan from a vegetarian in May, I have fallen in love with them even more. I'm pretty much willing to experiment with them (if they taste good that is.) Today's post as you can see is a little bit different, apart from sharing what kind of food I eat when I'm out and about, I'm on occasion going to share some recipes that I like since I keep learning about different vegan dishes. 

I was watching missglamarozzi (a fashion/beauty guru on youtube) and came across a healthy breakfasts and lunch recipe video; in it was this Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie. I adore oatmeal cookies so I thought I would try it. Note: Living in Europe means that I could not find all the ingredients that she listed in the video so this recipe is a little different from the original one. I always swapped ingredients depending on my preference. 

For this smoothie I used my Nutribullet blender because it blends so smoothly and efficiently but you can use any kind of blender that you'd like. 

For this recipe, you will need: 

1 frozen banana
1 1/2 cups of vanilla rice milk (you can use vanilla almond milk too)
2 tablespoons of brown sugar (you can use agave syrup too)
A pinch of salt
A table spoon of unsweetened cocoa powder 
2 tablespoons of flax seeds
2 tablespoons of oatmeal
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 

This is the blender I used. 



Chop up the frozen banana. 

Add the rice milk! 

Then you can add in the brown sugar, a pinch of salt, flax seeds, the oatmeal and just a little bit of cinnamon. 

All ready for blending... 

Tadaaaaaaa, all done and ready to go in your belly. 

It may seem like a bit of a strange smoothie but I promise you it tastes delicious, it remains healthy for you and it fills you up because it's a well-rounded meal.
Try it out and comment what you think of it! 

Light and love
xx

Sidenote: I apologize if the photos are very busy looking, I'm not the best photographer when it comes to recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment